C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Composer software

yvan630

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you have any idea how I might be able to get the Composer Home Edition, even if it is a beta? The local Control4 dealer is awful and I have been waiting for two weeks for an appointment. Any help or imformation is greatly appreciated. And in the worst case scenario is it difficult to become a dealer? Are there certain requirements which must be met?

Thank you in advance,

Zipperman

Thanks for your quick response Dan. I've been stuck without internet because of the recent snow storms. Could you please send me the copy of the Home Edition? You wouldnt happen to have the pro-version either? Either would be great. Thank you so much for your help. My email is zipperman19@gmail.com

I believe none - as "HE" requires a KEY to allow the customer to enter the software Dan... (we beta tested it here) - so unless they're giving out keys with it- giving out the software will be useless. :(

• 2 months later...

I, too, need the HE beta. We have a media controller, but I don't think I can even get it to recognize the remote control so we can play our music without Composer.

(It's lame, to my mind, that they didn't design this to use a web-based interface. I mean, it already responds to HTTP requests, but it just gives a directory listing.)

No, it doesn't, Dan. The remote turns on and displays "Control4 Remote" on its little LCD, and I can bring up the Media Controller both over the LAN and on the TV, but the TV display doesn't respond to anything I do with the remote control.

No, it doesn't, Dan. The remote turns on and displays "Control4 Remote" on its little LCD, and I can bring up the Media Controller both over the LAN and on the TV, but the TV display doesn't respond to anything I do with the remote control.

Remote have to be paired with controler - can only be done using composer software.

Archived