C4 Forums | Control4

Touch Panels....

ILoveC4

When you turn a light on and of with the touch panel it would be nice if they RAMPED up and down instead of toggling.

For portable touch panels it would be nice to create conditional statements for which room the touch panel is in. If that was possible, you could create conditionals for what video/audio source, etc... is in use. This would make the hard buttons 100 times more useful.

Anybody agree? Am I alone on this one?

When you turn a light on and of with the touch panel it would be nice if they RAMPED up and down instead of toggling.

For portable touch panels it would be nice to create conditional statements for which room the touch panel is in. If that was possible, you could create conditionals for what video/audio source, etc... is in use. This would make the hard buttons 100 times more useful.

Anybody agree? Am I alone on this one?

I guess you are referring to the new infinity edge panels because the old ones do the ramping right?

• 2 weeks later...

I can see why this wasn't done. I've setup a pull parser in a light app and always got inconsistent results when turning a dimmer ON or OFF from the switch location.

It would show the light go on 5%, 13%, 28%, 40%, etc. randomly going up, but a lot of times at the end it wasn't correct on the interface. eg. the light showed it was @ 59% when it was really @ 70%. Sometimes it was right but most of the times it wasn't.

It's been a while since I messed with this stuff, but I recall going through what was sent from the stream and the correct value was never sent out.

The ramp rate is programmable and the light level is programmable. So, if you are currently on the light page and you turn a light ON, the Interface has to be updated. Maybe it's easier, more efficient, and more reliable to update the UI without ramping - just toggle the light and get the value instantly. I could be wrong. Just speculating.

Archived