C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for Pieces to round out system

millerlite

I building a new house and always wanted to do home automation. Here is what I'm planning:

1 HC-300 w/remote

2 2 ea HC-200 w/remote

3 5 dimmers - to start with (issues with 3-way and 4-way with electricians-but thats a different story)

4 Snap AV 4X4 HDMI switcher

5 Netgear 550 and ReadyNAS

What I'm looking for:

-more dimmers possibly

-accessories

-media rack (looking on craigslist for inexpensive option vs. mid atlantic ($1300)

-24port switch

and anything else yall think I need cuz Im a noob at this stuff :D

Thanks

Buy a Dell 2724 Powerconnect. You can get them on eBay for under $100 and they rock.

Good luck finding a rack, they're tough to find here.

The other equipment shouldn't be too hard to find.

About the anything else....the sky is the limit with this stuff my friend. It is addicting.

Your electrician is having problems with 3 ways? I'm a DIY home idiot and with a little help, I was able to figure it out. As Dan has said before, it's not rocket science.

The problem is all the wires are pulled and electrician doesn't want a live/dead wire with inspection coming. I was getting change ordered to death so I left all the wiring as planned. On the single switches I can pop in a wireless dimmer. The C4 dealer said I would need the electrician to put in a power receptacle for all 2/3/5/6 button switches.

So yeah thanks on the 24port recommendation. Any others would be helpful or guidance would be helpful

• 1 month later...

Archived