C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE won't let me do anything

patboo

I have installed Composer HE 2.0.5 on my computer and the controler has been updated with this version of software as well. When I launch Composer HE, it connects to the controler but won't allow me to do anything. It is missing the panes on the right side of the screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input. I've rebooted the controller with no luck. I did find a thread on DPI settings, but nothing changed when playing around with them. With a new install, I don't think there is a file corruption since I've also reinstalled several times. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

I checked this in a Windows XP machine. Make a backup copy of the following file and then edit the file with a text editor like notepad

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Control4\ComposerProSettings.Config

<username> is the user you log into windows with.

Change the <NavigationBarWidth>1111</NavigationBarWidth> value to something smaller. Restart Composer HE.

Here is a copy of what my ComposerProSettings.Config looks like. I have artifically increased the value to 1111 and this makes my navigation bar so large that it obscures the other windows.

<settings>

<DesignerForm type="Control4.Designer.WindowState">

<WindowState xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<Location>

<X>166</X>

<Y>26</Y>

</Location>

<Size>

<Width>1028</Width>

<Height>675</Height>

</Size>

<FormWindowState>Normal</FormWindowState>

<NavigationBarWidth>1111</NavigationBarWidth>

</WindowState>

</DesignerForm>

<ProjectDirectory type="System.String">

<string>xxxxxxxxx</string>

</ProjectDirectory>

</settings>

Ding....Ding.... Ding..... We have a winner. That did the trick. It was set to 7760 in my configuration file. Don't know how that happened, but I'm certainly gratefull for the fix. Thanks to all who posted and offered their assistance.

Archived