C4 Forums | Control4

16 Channel Amp Power Supply

c4pa

• 2 months later...

I am also looking for that. Does anyone know where I can get a power supply for a 16 ch amp? Mine died and I got the courage to open it up myself to replace it. The number on the PS is als800-48c11 made by anser The only dealer in town is not very good. Pretty much a take your money and run kind of dealer. It is no longer under warranty and figured i would try to fix it myself. Everything else works but I cannot get music to any of my zones. Is there another solution?

Thanks guys. Parts ordered. I took the top off the ampand the four screws off the side of the power source but it's still holding on to something. Am I missing another screw somewhere. I see the peg the unit sits on? Any ideas. It seems pretty simple?

Paid $100 plus $9 shipping. Not bad. Beats the $300 the dealer wanted just to remove it and put it back. Then Control4 wanted another $250. To top it off the dealer told me they would have to do another 2 hours of programming at $125 an hour. That's when I knew they were lying to me. They wanted $800? But that's the kinda dealer I'm working with. They are the only dealer within 150 miles so I guess the feel they can do that. I figured I'd try this first. Hopefully it would be up a running in no time. It's an older model but I never had issues excepts that. What do you thing will I have to get anything reprogrammed? That didn't make sense to me?

From my understanding Control4 doesn't just replace the power supply when it goes out in the older amps. They use the same chassis but upgrade all the internals to whats inside the new 16 Channel Amp's. At least thats what tech support told us when we had to have one fixed.

Well guess what? Codemicro called me today and told me they would not be able to send me the power supply because it would not pass inspection. Maybe that is why they have power supply issues because they were no good to begin with. I've already taken off the amplifier. What else should I do? Can I work directly with control4 to get this worked out?

A few months ago my 16 channel amp, V1, died. I suspected the power supply and my dealer arranged for return to C4 for repair. They quoted about $500 before the unit was in their hands. Once it did arrive it was deemed beyond repair but I was supplied a refurbished V3 amp for the quoted repair charge.

So, I'm happy.

Colin

Archived