C4 Forums | Control4

iTunes playlists to Control4?

tshepherd

Anyone come up with a script or small program to export iTunes playlists in a format that could be imported into Control4? Looking at Playlist and Media backup files in XML format, it looks like it wouldn't be a huge hassle to write a script if someone were so inclined.

Tom

• 3 years later...

I'm actually on something to exactly that now. If anyone has any interest, I can post the link once I'm finished testing. So far, it's working pretty good.

It's basically an online form that will output a Control4-compatible XML playlist (derived from the provided iTunes playlist). If people are interested, I would be more than happy to build it to be shared within our C4 community.

I'm actually on something to exactly that now. If anyone has any interest, I can post the link once I'm finished testing. So far, it's working pretty good.

It's basically an online form that will output a Control4-compatible XML playlist (derived from the provided iTunes playlist). If people are interested, I would be more than happy to build it to be shared within our C4 community.

I'm interested in seeing that.

Cool! Well, now that I know someone else could find use for this, it will motivate me more to continue to work on it. It's a little rough right now though. Once it's in a state where I don't think it will cause more frustration than not, I'll shoot you a link.

• 8 months later...

Archived