C4 Forums | Control4

Why can't I get this to work?

Rori

Would appreciate any input as follows....

I am trying to get temperature info from my AV Closet via Card Access sensor (in closet), hoping that if temperature is greater than X at a specific time of the day (Y), I can get an email.

I have it set up as follows but can't figure out why doesn't it work.

When variable Card Access Wireless Contact Sensor>Local Temp changes

If local temp greater than X

If time equals Y (say 3PM for example)

Send email notification

If I delete the time entry, I get email notification fine, however I only want it if the temp exceeds whatever I set it at a specific time of the day.

Also curious abt the differences btwn the "temperature" and "local temp" options.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Just looking at the coding, my best guess is the problem is that you have the time equaling exactly 3pm instead of a range of say 3pm to 4pm. As it is now, you would only get the email if the temperature changed at exactly 3:00pm (and was greater than X). If the temperature changed at 2:59 and then again at 3:01, you still wouldn't get the email.

Again, that's just from looking at the coding logic. I don't have that setup nor Composer in front of me right now.

Just looking at the coding, my best guess is the problem is that you have the time equaling exactly 3pm instead of a range of say 3pm to 4pm. As it is now, you would only get the email if the temperature changed at exactly 3:00pm (and was greater than X). If the temperature changed at 2:59 and then again at 3:01, you still wouldn't get the email.

Again, that's just from looking at the coding logic. I don't have that setup nor Composer in front of me right now.

Exactly the problem. You have 3 things that have to happen to get the email as your programming stands now. It has to be 3 on the dot. The temperature has to change at that exact time and it has to be greater then X degrees.

If you only want the specific time of say 3pm. You can set up a repeating schedule at 3pm every day. Then program:

When schedule at 3pm executes

?if temp >x

->email notification

^This is exactly the right day to do what you're trying to do.

These guys are all spot on as to why your programming isn't working.

Archived