C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron or other than C4 lighting solutions

Flyingforme

Sorry, I don't know Ra. It certainly is possible to make a serial driver do nearly anything, but I don't know enough to say if the existing Ra driver can do anything with the first gen Ra system.

As far as 2-button keypads, yes, the system has to still be up for them to work, although dimmers themselves don't require a system.

RyanE

^Yeah, but they won't if Lutron goes down. Do you have reliability issues with your system?

The LED's and the feedback/customization those provide make COntrol4 lighting MORE valuable in my book.

I had in the past encountered issues where I have to restart my system.

The RA2 system have LED's too so no difference there.

Probably one thing that you can't do with C4 lighting is that you have the option to sell the house with a Radio RA2 system since its not tied to C4.

You can certainly sell a house with Control4 installed, you would just need to put in a small 'lighting' controller instead of your 'main' controller.

Yes, it's more work, but certainly easier than ripping the dimmers out.

RyanE

@RaynE,

Just bumping this item to see if you have any advice. This point will make or break my decision to move forward with Control4. Is there a serial driver for Control4 that will communicate with the legacy RadioRa RS-232 Interface to control the phantom buttons?

Anyone else? Control4 looks great... but $4000 in lighting is not something I'm going to abandon.

@RyanE, thanks.... if you happen to know Alan Chow from this dealer:

Recluse AV

Melbourne, Australia

http://www.recluseav.com.au

He apparently wrote a generic lighting driver that works.... here is the thread:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=2902

@ms2bmw, I can't really believe that someone hasn't had this issue. RadioRa (until the recent upgrade to ver. 2) was a tremendously successful product - someone must have integrated these two systems together... no sense in re-creating the driver if it can be found. Thanks for your feedback.

Archived