C4 Forums | Control4

HC300C after Factory Restore

paulstevens

I've searched but have not come up with a good understanding of what to expect here.

My HC300C went through the factory restore process of booting with the little button pressed with a paperclip until the WiFi led blinks orange rapidly. When finished, the box is at version 2.0.1.xxxxx. The controller is seen in system manager and composer, but I am unable to register it. When I put the 10 character code in, it complains about problems generating certificate, etc.

Update does not work either. It does not show up in the list of things to update, and the message box says it was unable to resolve urls, invalid parameters, etc.

Since I cannot register it, I cannot get help remotely. What has to happen next to recover this box?

I have messages in to 5 dealers around here but no reply, and when I finally get a hold of one, I want to know what to expect and be somewhat confident they know what they are doing.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I have messages in to 5 dealers around here but no reply, and when I finally get a hold of one, I want to know what to expect and be somewhat confident they know what they are doing.

I didn't make the top 5 ;) It's a easy fix, but it requires Pro. Email me if you want to go beyond the top 5 ;)

Well the person I was working with suggested it as a possible way to fix the original Project Locked problem we were having. Well now it is worse than ever.

The sitrep now is after a fresh Factory Restore, I tried to reload a backup of the project through File->Load Project with the hope of getting the controller back into a project. But The load fails with "Project Locked."

Next steps? I know in the future to work with people on this forum FIRST.

Thanks.

Archived