C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat For Sale

dmassart

Looks like I will have a thermostat to sell, picked up on ebay and when my dealer went to add to project, it would not identify, looks like embra zigbee and not zigbee pro. For those looking for an older radio I will be selling once I get a replacement installed (hopefully latter this week).

We had similar problem in Dec 2009 when we installed my first thermostat. Dealer was logged in remotely and I was the button-pusher, doing whatever they told me to push. We probably spent 30 minutes or more trying to get it to work. I know now that they had me do the reset codes, leave-the-mesh codes, and I don't know what else, plus remove batteries, take it outside, take it close to another device. But for the longest time nothing we did made it show up in Composer like it was supposed to. Then finally it did but not because we did anything new -- the normal things just finally worked. The dealer and installer couldn't explain it either. Never had that kind of problem with anything else.

Oh, and it was the new model of thermostat, so I assume not an Embernet problem.

Archived