C4 Forums | Control4

Driver for HD AM/FM tuner -- Sony XDRF1HD

sparky7

Hi,

I would sure like to add an FM radio tuner to my setup, but the $$ required for the C4 tuner seems a little steep. It seems most any tuner with line-level outputs could work as long as there were a driver for it -- just stick on a IR bud.

While I was searching for tuners, I came across the Sony XDRF1HD. This is an HD AM/FM tuner that sells for about $100, and the reviewers say it has better specs than most super tuners. It would be great if there were a driver for it...

The problem is that won't be able to directly select a station, or display what station your currently on. It will be one way communication, just pony up for the control4 tuner. I had a hard time justifying the cost, but it's two tuners and has two way control. I love mine.

Dan, you have a good point. Not being able to see the station would be disappointing. But I'm afraid I can't justify the cost right now for the C4 tuner (unless I come across a really good deal). So I'll have to either do without for a while, or maybe hook up an old tuner and live with basic, one way, interface until I can come up with a good enough excuse to spend the extra $$.

Thanks.

Archived