C4 Forums | Control4

Programming audio over 16ch amp and TV

NapTown

I have split the audio signal coming from my cable box with one audio signal going to my 16ch amp and the other going to the tv. I'm wondering the best way to set up the programming to be able to select the 16ch amp and control the volume and then deselect to control the volume of the TV.

Thanks

So when I'm at my tv using my 250 remote how do you select between the two different rooms? Is the only way to go in and hit Watch, arrow left twice to House, then arrow right to Location, then arrow right again to bring up all the locations and select the room using the 16ch amp and vice versa to go back to control the tv volume? Then I assume when you create the new room you have to have your dealer set up all the drivers TV's etc for that new room. Is this what you are suggesting? I was wondering if there was a way to hit one of my custom buttons and have it programmed to turn the amp to the correct input then have it select a certain media scene that would turn on the correct speakers, just not sure if this will work or if there is a better way.

Thanks

It is NOT setup the way that jbing described. I didn't like that.

When I have a moment I can tell you how mine is setup. It requires a matrix switch and a Control4 amp.

I have a 4x4 audio/video matrix and the c4-16zone matrix amp. My Cable box has two audio outputs. One audio output goes into the 4x4 a/v matrix and then on to the TV's with the video signal. The other audio output currently feeds into the c4-16sone matrix amp. I'm looking for the way to program the martix amp to turn on and ability to control it's volume while viewing the cable box settings. i.e. be able to change the channel, pull up the guide, etc.

Thanks

Here's what I did in a nutshell. Made a physical connection from an audio out on my A/V matrix, into my Control4 16 channel amp.

I them programmed so that when a custom button was pressed, it muted the TV, and then I did manual program to select the appropriate input on the matrix (based on the source) to the output that went from the matrix to the amp. I had to create a dummy driver for all this to work, and it would switch the room to that source. This allowed the video audio to come through the ceiling speakers and thus be shared in rooms without TV's.

It worked okay, but I didn't like it....felt like a hack to me. I removed the programming, and when I have the desire I will seek out a more elegant solution, but the only time that desire really comes up is the Super Bowl. I have enough TV's, and I rarely care about hearing the TV in a room where I can't see it, so it isn't a big deal to me.

I hope that makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived