C4 Forums | Control4

Larger 3rd Party in-wall embedded touchscreens

borgwizard

FYI on Borg's suite of Protege win-based embedded touchscreens. The XPe or Win7e platforms are available in 8", 10" (16:9), 15" and soon 21" (16:9). All VERY affordable and complete with power and steel bbox. CONFIRMED with MyHome. Simply download Adobe Air (free) and rock n roll with very elegant, sleek designs that are also BRANDABLE in minimal quantities.

FYI on Borg's suite of Protege win-based embedded touchscreens. The XPe or Win7e platforms are available in 8", 10" (16:9), 15" and soon 21" (16:9). All VERY affordable and complete with power and steel bbox. CONFIRMED with MyHome. Simply download Adobe Air (free) and rock n roll with very elegant, sleek designs that are also BRANDABLE in minimal quantities.

Can you go into more depth about how this works? I am just a few days away from making my final decision between c4 and élan g!, and this might make a difference. I am still struggling with the idea of the Infinity Edge (don't like the protrusion and available colors), and having an alternative might make the decision easier. Thanks in advance!

David

Thanks David. We offer the platforms for a variety of industries and applications and try to document solutions where possible. Our Protege platfoms are essentially "PCs in the wall" but not really. No HDD and no fans thus all solid state but still act like a locked down PC. Locked down is the key. Dedicated to MyHome or whatever you want to add with this like Google Desktop content (news, stocks, weather, etc) or SKYPE VoIP unit to unit or unit to whatever. Each has a cam and mic/spkrs. Very cool.

Back to the question. Simply browse to Adobe.com and download Adobe Air on the platform, then upload MyHome and insert licnese as required. Same as you would with a customer's PC. Will upload the MyHome instructions in the File Library. Protege comes in 8", 10" (16:9), 15" and soon 21" (16:9).

Contact me at Info@borgidsplays.com for pricing.

Archived