C4 Forums | Control4

Program around time range

Hi,

Looking to program a motion sensor around a time period for example:

between 2100 and -7000, If motion is detected light turns on at 20%

Would this be set with a boolean variable , and running two scheduled events to toggle the true false value?

Is there a better more efficient way to do this?

Thanks in advance

kurtis.

Go to programming then at the top left select your motion detector. Then select when motion sensed. Then at the top right scroll down to scheduler. Then select the conditional tab below that. Select the between radio button and choose your times then drag that to the middle. Then nest your lights turn on at 20% underneath it.

• 4 months later...

I have lights come on when motion is detected between certain times, and they're on a timer to turn off after 2 minutes. How can I set an override if the lights are already on (I.e we're still up) or we turn them on? Currently as soon as it senses motion, the lights dim and then turn off

I have lights come on when motion is detected between certain times, and they're on a timer to turn off after 2 minutes. How can I set an override if the lights are already on (I.e we're still up) or we turn them on? Currently as soon as it senses motion, the lights dim and then turn off

just create a condition "if light is off" then nest under it "if motion sensor detects motion" then turn on lights-start light timer etc.

This way when motion is detected, only if the lights are off will the lights turn on and start an off timer.

NP Toke. I would think that you could "If" until the cows come home. But the system will continue to process all logic which can slow things down. So at the end of each series of if statements, after the actions takes place put in a "Stop" command to let director know not to continue to stop evaluating at that point.

for example:

if light is off

- if motion is detected

- turn on light

- start timer

- Stop

if xxxxxx

- if xxxxxxx

if xxxxxx

- if xxxxxxx

if xxxxxx

- if xxxxxxx

I believe it's just sunrise and sunset.

If you want something else, just create your own project variable ('DAYTIME'), and set it true/false based on scheduled events you create yourself.

Then do programming based on that, not on Control4's.

RyanE

Archived