C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Integration services offered

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

After my first time working with Neil (see earlier in thread) I posted how great he is.  Now I've worked with him several times.  Very happy.  As someone else noted, one's system is only as good as one's dealer.  Well, working with Neil, I finally feel really good about my system.  I no longer worry if it will be months before I can get something added/changed (local Dealers were unresponsive). I must also say that given how many people Neil's working with (who all have had such great success working with him), it amazes me that he still has the time, attention and focus he brings when working on my projects.  Much appreciated!!   :D

Thanks for the kind words Dan!! To those that have requested assistance over the last few days, I will be a bit busy (but available) as I'm doing a yacht install in Ft Lauderdale, please be patient regarding my email replies, etc. I appreciate the confidence and business that you guys have shown and shared with me.

Thanks,

Neil

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to finally give my chime in here about Neil's services.  At first we were unsure about how and where we would start off with a C4 "proof of concept"...  In all honesty we have a summer home and a yacht we wanted to automate.  There were a variety of complications invlved including other systems such as Vantage in lighting, Sonos througout (and I mean upwards of 15 zones), My Movies server with Dune players scattered, a plethora of old and new hardware indeed it was a mess...

We elected with doing the yacht as that is what we use the most and in order to be most friendly toewards all guests it was a hge plus.

I must admit at first I tried contacting Neil and he was a bit unresponsive (I guess he was busy with so much work), and I ended up with 2 other quotes.  I spoke with a few of the other proposed installers but none of them gave me the security that Neil did.  In terms of pricing, Neil was most transparent - although perhaps not intitially cheapest he was the most knowledgeable with all the integrations we required.  He was also extremely accomodating.

I electedt to automate 2 rooms in that install, a saloon and a guest cabin.  Neil was able to program everything remotely.  After that we immediately fell in love with the simplicity of C4 and overall with the confidence that Neil could pull the project in record time.  The yacht was set to leave in less than 25 days for the med, and Neil was able to order equipment and do full programming for over 15 zones including projectors, different receiver types, room types, intercoms, security cameras, groupable sonos (with access restrictions so guests dont blare music at 3 am and wake up the crew), and a BUNCH of other sweet stuff...

Admittedly this phase intentionally left out Lighting, motion/light control, thermostats and blinds.  These are all planned for our next yard period in the Fall.  

After the 2nd rooms, Neil agreed to come spend a couple of days on board as we literally didnt have enough hands to help put everything together with him programming remotely.  This proved to be invaluable and extremely successful.  During his time on board we had *severe* networking issues and he experienced about 24hrs+ downtime due to netowkr issues (non-related to C4, but which can happen on a large 140ft+ yacht, with over 200 IP devices, 5 switches, etc, etc)... Thankfully with the help of 4 onsite engineers and our remote staff working around the clock for about 36 hrs we were able to get things stable and Neil finished off the C4 install as planned (but not without generously extending his stays for TWO additional days beyond the 3 days planned...  - fogot to mentioned he worked around our scheduled and spent an entire weekend on board!!!)

Further to the professional success of the project (which we intend to complete with blinds, thermostats, more cameras, security intrusion detection, lighting and more in the Fall as soon as the yacht returns from its busy season), we have also decided to equip our Miami vacation home with C4, as well as our other houses and any future projects!

I apologize if this sounds like a "promo-post" but our experience so far (and we are 99% complete, would be 100% had it not been due to our network issues that delayed everything) has been nothing short of stellar. 

Pricing on hardware was more competitive that others quotes, and shipping was included which was a great deal.  Hourly rates were very competitive, and above-all a lot of unexpected changes where made without altering substantially the budget...I didnt feel hostage to a timesheet.

Finally, during the days Neil was on board he was extremely co-operative despite the times we had network issues which chould have been very frustratring, and his can-do action was appreciated by myself (who was remotely coordinating all of this from my home country) as well as all our yachts crew and other technicians.  

I think Neil is now experienced enough in yachts for any large 40m+ project as well as surely any house!!!  CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS ONE MILLION TIMES!

Yachtbina & Her Owners!

http://instagram.com/yachtbina

Neil, if you have any pics of it running on board do send them to me I can post it.

If anyone is looking for great C4 support, Neil is your guy. I'm not a C4 dealer but acquired a client that was not happy with their C4 integrator. I could do everything for my new client except C4 programming. I didn't want the investment of becoming a C4 dealer but I didn't want to lose the opportunity to take care of this client. I came to this forum looking for someone to support my C4 programming needs. I found Neil there and called him blindly hoping and praying that I wasn't hooking up with someone that would make me look bad to my new client. Neil has helped me several times with this client in the last 6 months. He's been prompt, professional and most of all, my client loves him. They were so frustrated with their original C4 dealer that they were about to rip it out. Neil saved the day and I have a new long term client. Thanks Neil for the great support and making me look good. Hope that we have the opportunity to meet some day so I can shake your hand.

Bob Angeli

Entertainment Concept Services

Hartland Wisconsin

Here's the scoop: was upgrading my C4 systems with new switches, etc. company I was using updated firmware and then couldn't get anything to work. They spent a full 8 hours in my home and on the phone with C4 tech support. Still nothing. They left my home that day stating "the updates are bogging the network down, it should clear up within a few days". They were also told by c4 that I had a "faulty" six button keypad that needed to be replaced.

This sounded like BS to me so I hit this forum seeking someone to give me a second opinion.

I emailed Neil on Friday night, got an email back within 10 minutes, the next morning we were on the phone and in short order he had everything--EVERYTHING--working and in sync, including the supposedly faulty six-button key pad. In short there was nothing wrong with the system, or the update, or the equipment. Neither my installers, their programmers, nor control 4 tech support could get it working. Neil did it in an easy morning. he's my first call from now on. Just AWESOME!!!

Neil is absolutely fantastic.  After a very frustrating experience with Control4 equipment, hours of trial-and-error, lots of Google searches, I found this forum and found Neil.  Neil was able to remotely determine faulty equipment I'd purchased and helped me figure out what was wrong.  After purchasing new equipment, Neil was able to get my equipment integrated within minutes of contacting him.  I highly recommend Neil and his services.  He's awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Neil recently unscrewed my system after a composer he glitch left me with nothing working. My local guys had no idea how to fix it. And Neil did it remotely! You won't find a more experienced, knowledgeable or responsive guy. When something goes epic fubar, I call Neil, he fixes it fast. This is a no brainer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...