C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Integration services offered

Remember when iPhones used to "just work," and then since Steve Jobs died, you've seen more frequent iOS updates with increasing major bugs and problems.  iOS9 so thrashed my out of warranty iPhone6 that Apple actually gave me a new one!

Remember ios1 could not even send a photo message? Missing basic functionality that your feature phone had.

Ios like C4 gets more feature laden and more scenarios are needed to test.

Apple's own crash logs say the software is getting more stable.

Apple build ios for ~4 pieces of in Life hardware with no integration just Communications stacks. Easier to test.

True -- I was reflecting on that.  Apple's supported ecosystem may be smaller, but then they could have complications from the diversity of apps out there.  That said, not trying to suggest a close relationship between these two.

I just hope C4 truly appreciates the burden on their customers and dealers when these significant bugs arise.  Take the time to get it right.  I'm sure they feel the competitive pressure to release more and more features quickly to compete with the DIY stuff coming out now, but I think that the best way to compete with those is reliability and quality that will strengthen and grow their base.  Give people a reason to pay up for stability and be glad they did.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Another plug for Neil! First, you could not find a nicer guy who is patient and always happy to help. Neil has been helping me for the past 2 years or so, finally taking my Control4 install where it should have be taken initially... He is incredibly knowledgeable and will not stop until he finds a solution to any problem like tonight where he and I were still talking at 2am to push the envelope on some integration of older equipment and complete home automation.

I wish I had found Neil a long time ago and had been able to work with him on the first phase of my project. But I am really glad to be able to count on him now not only for top notch programing but also for advice and sourcing excellent components, Control 4 of course but other great brands too. 

And the best part is Neil is like this with everyone, whatever size the project is. I have introduced him to several friends and/or contacts who have been raving about his service and in several cases, his ability to salvage installations that had been butchered... And in my case, Neil has been,amongst many things, the reason why my wife and kids have really adopted Control4 while initially very reticent. It is actually fun to hear my wife promoting Control4 those days... :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I assure you I'm alive and well.  I took a few weeks off to tend to some urgent family issues.  I'm extremely grateful for every remote service request I receive and I'm getting back to everyone as quickly as possible.  I'm always glad to assist in any way I can, and definitely appreciative to be a part of the forums.  Thanks for your support and patience.

Peace and Boolean variables,

Neil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Spinerep622 said:

Is Neil still around? I've been shooting him some texts for some programming I need done, but I'm not getting a response.

Present sir.  I did ascend to the realm of a new IPhone.  678-644-5090, or my work cell 404-764-0428.

Buzz me when you can.