C4 Forums | Control4

Scene Toggle on 3-button keypad

I'm guessing that there must be some easy way to do this, but I can't quite figure it out.

I'd like to create a scene for each of the 3 buttons on a keypad. I'd like each of the buttons to operate as an on/off toggle for the scene. Lastly, I'd like to have the LED on each of the buttons on the keypad to be green when ALL lights in the associated scene are OFF and red when ANY of the lights in the associate scene are ON.

If possible, I'd like the colors to accurately reflect the status of any of the associated lights even if they were turned on/off using another C4 switch/keypad. Also the 3-button should know that if any of the lights are ON, the next button press should turn the scene off and vice-versa.

I am not running 2.0 yet.

Thanks for any help that you are able to offer.

What do you expect to happen when you turn a scene off? - all the lights go off?

You would need to create two scenes - one with the lights on how you want and the other with the lights off.

You can then store a boolean variable to figure out if the scene is on/off and have the button click do the appropriate scene based on the boolean.

You may find it better to have the top button step through the various scenes you want and have the bottom button as 'all off'

as for the led's:

put the programming for the colours based on when the scene executes (and you do this?? I don't have composer at work with me)

that was no matter where the scene is run from, the led's will change to your setting.

As suggested use a scene and a boolean to make the toggle.

The tricky part will be monitoring the various loads based on them being turned on and off via the dimmer. I think Ryan wrote a driver that will monitor the status of loads and can be used to set the color of the LED based on the status of the loads monitored.

The tricky part will be monitoring the various loads based on them being turned on and off via the dimmer. I think Ryan wrote a driver that will monitor the status of loads and can be used to set the color of the LED based on the status of the loads monitored.

Thank you...I'm not sure who Ryan is, but I'd love to know how I or my dealer could buy the driver as this would help with a lot of things I am trying to accomplish.

Any idea how to contact him?

Thank you...I'm not sure who Ryan is' date=' but I'd love to know how I or my dealer could buy the driver as this would help with a lot of things I am trying to accomplish.

Any idea how to contact him?[/quote']

RyanE on the forums.

Archived