C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE

drmark12pa

I am currently using Composer ME but am wondering if it would be worthwhile to purchase Composer HE.

My current usage is primarily for audio throughout my house and video in the theater. My questions:

1) does the Composer HE software allow for the user to program the SR250 remote and/or customize the buttons with specific functions for receiver, tv, etc?

2) does Composer HE allow for cleaning up the Navigator and SR250 menus so unused components (ie Rhapsody, Sirius, etc) can be removed to make a more streamlined menu without so much clutter?

So, if the available media sources (ie Rhapsody, satellite radio, etc) are deleted in Composer HE, does that delete them from the SR-250 remote menu as well or just the onscreen navigator?

I don't like wading through 10 media sources I don't have or use just to get to my music folder for example.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more questions/clarifications:

1) Does/can Composer HE replace Composer ME and manage your music/video files so you don't need both?

2) Can a person use Composer HE to change what a SR250 button might do (ie if I hit LISTEN>CD) can I change the source of the receiver that the Control4 will access? or is that something your dealer has to change?

3) Can I use Composer HE to learn IR codes by the old point and shoot and memorize? My dealer had my HC300 memorize/learn some remote codes by pointing a remote at the unit and learning each button from the remote (for Sirius satellite dock) to coincide with buttons on the SR250 remote. I'm not sure if that is something than only Composer Pro can do....

1) Yes - composer HE does everything ME does, plus allows you to do programming (button taps, light scenes, email notifications, etc)

2) You can program colored buttons on the remote, but I dont believe you can change what you describe. It sounds like you want to change some settings with the driver, and that's something a dealer has to do.

3) No, this is only something that can be done by your dealer.

Since I currently use Control4 only for media, I'm wondering if it would be worth it.... If I can change the function of buttons (ie change the red button on the SR250 remote so it would bring up the channel guide favorites for cable TV for example) then I would buy it but if it's more for lights and such I would pass...

I guess I just want to know I can essentially program buttons to perform functions for the device I'm controlling if not already programmed in.

Can some of the colored buttons on the SR250 be programmed say to change to a specific favorite channel or bring up a menu or even go to specific artist in your media?

Archived