C4 Forums | Control4

Sirius TTR1 Tabletop Internet Radio

drmark12pa

Has anyone used the Sirius TTR1 Tabletop Internet Radio running through an HC300 or HC200 (and output to their receiver/amps)? I'm planning on running this unit through the controller and using an IR emitter to control it for station changing....

I haven't used it before but if you do control it via the ir you will not get any feedback as to what is playing or channel you are on. I would look into the control4 tuner with the xm module I believe that will be my next purchase provided the search function works for browsing channels on the touchscreens. Is your receiver xm or Sirius ready by chance? if so you could utilize that.

My receiver is Sirius ready... however, the catch is that I have a lifetime subscription so don't pay anything for the streaming internet player (which mean free use of the TTR1 unit) so didn't want to add another unit into the mix and possibly be charged any additional monthly fees. I primarily listen to maybe 10 stations so I don't really mind not having any visible feedback... The unit itself actually has a digital display on the artist and song title if needed....

You'd only need to run it through the controllers if you need the source to be distributed to other controllers over ethernet for them to turn back into RCA line out for local audio.

If you have Control4 Amps, just plug in the outputs from the sirius to the amp, make bindings/ir driver as necessary, and now it's available as a source to all the rooms that feed the amp.

• 1 month later...

I've now been using the Sirius TTR1 unti for about a month which is great to stream through my HC200 for my house. The only problem is that the IR emitter from the HC200 does not work on this unit. My dealer told me that some of the IR receivers have a mirror (?) coating or something. The TTR1 comes with it's own remote so I've been using that to change channels but I'm wondering if there is a driver or some other solution to be able to control the changing of stations using my HC200 IR emitter. Another option is if there is a driver, this unit hooked up by ethernet to my network and it would be nice to just go under the channel list using my SR250 remote and click on what station I want..... Any ideas on how to control this stand alone unit?

Archived