C4 Forums | Control4

Internet Radio Tuners

paulstevens

What are people using for Internet Radio with their C4 systems? I've got the Internet Radio driver installed but finding the url's for stations is a real chore. Many local stations are "iheartradio" based and just won't work.

I am interested in some sort of device that will integrate nicely with Control4 and easily allow me to add stations, not just MP3 url's.

Sonos?

Grace Digital internet radio tuner?

SqueezeBox?

others?

I just got a Dune HD Smart B1 player that has internet radio capability but it, too, seems cumbersome to add stations, create folders, etc. I would like to use it as I hope to get the driver installed soon, but is it any better than the control4 internet radio driver I already have?

Thanks for any ideas.

I purchased the Grace Internet Radio tuner and have it attached to the Control4 system. The bad news is there is no great driver for it. I basically turn it on and off. The good news is the iPhone app for it is terrific. Adding stations to presets was pretty easy.

I have contacted Grace about a driver and they say they are talking to Control4. If we can get enough people to contact them, it may create some traction. They have a very good piece that is fully IP controllable.

Can you please post how you obtain the mp3 streams from iheartradio staions? I have tried but have been unsuccessful. What I thought were the urls show up and don't barf in the navigator but no audio comes out. Clearly I am not extracting them correctly and not getting the right data.

Any tips on how to extract them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can you please post how you obtain the mp3 streams from iheartradio staions? I have tried but have been unsuccessful. What I thought were the urls show up and don't barf in the navigator but no audio comes out. Clearly I am not extracting them correctly and not getting the right data.

I send an email to engineering and they get it for me. I work for Clear Channel, so I guess I have a little advantage on this one.

What stations are you looking for? Call letters please.

I send an email to engineering and they get it for me. I work for Clear Channel' date=' so I guess I have a little advantage on this one.

What stations are you looking for? Call letters please.[/quote']

Hey I need your help here! lol.. Anyway I am looking for KZHT, KODJ, KPLV, KWNR, and KIIS

I am also looking for some non clear chanel stations, any help on obtaining these would be great!

I send an email to engineering and they get it for me. I work for Clear Channel' date=' so I guess I have a little advantage on this one.

Hey I need your help here! lol.. Anyway I am looking for KZHT, KODJ, KPLV, KWNR, and KIIS

I am also looking for some non clear chanel stations, any help on obtaining these would be great!

I'm sitting in the KZHT studio as I type this right now...let me do some digging. I've had a few of you email me. I haven't forgotten you, I'll get them.

Thanks!

I'm sitting in the KZHT studio as I type this right now...let me do some digging. I've had a few of you email me. I haven't forgotten you, I'll get them.

Thanks!

Cool thanks

We're just north of the E-Center. About 2800 South on Decker Lake Drive.

Yeah, been there quite a few times. Back when Shelly was working the front desk.

Paige likes to win the contests... I get to pick 'em up.

:)

RyanE

Archived