C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV 2

rchawla80

Hi there -

Hope all you C4 fans are doing well. I am reaching out for some help once again. I am legacy C4 user with version 1.7 installed. I need help with an Apple TV 2. The reason I need help is my entire house is wired with component and not HDMI.

I am trying to set it up in the family room which has a LCD TV/Amp/16 channel amp/Oldskool Media controller. Trying to figure out how to do the wiring for video and audio. Audio is simple enough to the AMP but do I just plug the HDMI into the TV?... is there ia way for me to plug into AMP and then convert to component?

Worried about wires and distance if plugged directly into TV.

On a second note, if I want to do this in the other rooms, I see a problem. My AMP/controller are very far from the TV. How would I do that wiring? Would i have to drop HDMI to get it done?

Last but not least, is there a free Apple TV 2 driver out there for C4?

thanks

R

If you go into the Settings .... HDMI section, it has the ability to set the HDMI port to be component video. This implies, at least, that you just need some kind of physical adapter and that the Apple TV 2 can actually output the correct signal. And if you change that setting, your HDMI video goes away momentarily (as if there was a message popped up via component output asking you confirm, then reverting if you don't). So it does *something*.

Unfortunately, I've found nothing definitive about that nor what the cable pinout should be. All the Apple Discussions threads say you need an external converter. I've seen nothing from Apple either way.

Edit: And I've not yet taken time to call them about.

Nope, that's not what the component output means on the Apple TV v2.

HDMI can either use the true RGB colorspace or the YPbPr colorspace. It doesn't generate analog component video.

The switch in colorspace is what makes the picture go away and then come back.

Nope, that's not what the component output means on the Apple TV v2.

HDMI can either use the true RGB colorspace or the YPbPr colorspace. It doesn't generate analog component video.

The switch in colorspace is what makes the picture go away and then come back.

Ah. Thanks.

Archived