C4 Forums | Control4

Direct access of third party tuner presets

davinm

Hi, I have a yamaha tuner connected to C4, it has discreet ir codes for the station presets 1-8. I have defined 8 channels in the FM Radio media and these show up on my remote and lcd keypad. How do I get C4 to emit preset1 ir when I select radio station 1 from the keypad or remote. Many thanks - Davin, New Zealand.

Thanks for the tip Dan, but could you give a little more info. How do I make the connection between the FM Radio Channel # in media and the ir / macro code in the driver. Currently, when I select a station on the keypad it calls the driver macro "set station". Thanks for your help - Davin.

You need to program the station number in media with the number 1-8 (corresponding channel)

Example :

Preset 1 : 100.3 FM

In Media Program FM Channel. Instead of the Frequency / station number of 100.3 set it to 1. Then in the Driver change the IR code for Number 1 to the code for Preset 1.

Thanks Dan, have it working now. The essential part that was missing was a correct set station macro in my tuner driver. Somehow I buggered the macro while trying to get this working. The set station macro takes the radio channel number selected from the keypad and uses this to emit the corresponding number_x ir code.

Archived