C4 Forums | Control4

Velux skylights

Correct-I am looking into controlling the opening and closing of the window from control 4. I havent chosen it yet, but according to my contractor there are 2 ways they come - switch operated and RF.

Henniae- do you know of model numbers that are more easily integrated than others?

You will need to find out exactly which models are being used or specified. We have integrated 3x Jobs with these and all three had different 'control' methods.

Attached are install layouts for two examples for the product.. GGL/GGU and VSE/VCC

(Also has key on how to identify them). The third - hard wired version I believe is been super seeded.

• 3 months later...

Sam,

I have a bunch of questions. I bought the KLF 100 to connect my skylight up. Based on your diagrams it looks like there is in intermediate device that connects to the KLF to make it work. Can you provide more information? Does Control 4 connect with Control4 directly? What other details can you provide?

Thanks

If you have GGL-GGU system you will need the KLC-500 boxes.. (which you should already have)?

Control4 can connect to the system EXACTLY how it is show in the diagram via a KLF100 module.

I have nothing nice to say about the Velux system or their documentation, period. So I wont say any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the setup Sam. It looks like it should work, only the eDin is only sold internationally and is not available here in the US.

I spoke with Velux and what i need is something that can send a momentary open and closure signal. This should be something that is available here in the US. Thought anybody?

It is a three wire system open, close, common.

• 4 years later...

Archived