C4 Forums | Control4

JVC Projector Serial or IP Driver

dans

Question

I just bought a JVC RS-65 Projector, does anyone have a driver available for it, or interest in making one? Serial or IP with all the functionality.

I would guess the 45 and 55 would use the same driver.

Please contact me with price and availability.

Edited by dans

11 answers to this question

I suspect you'll need to convert the driver to a serial RS232 version (I didn't think the RS40 has a LAN rj-45 port). Usually, this just means changing a few lines of the driver. But it may be slightly more involved because the handshake is slightly different. If you want I can look into the conversion, but I might not be able to do it in the near future. Plus, I'd have to purchase a serial cable. ;-)

The instructions for the protocol are found on page 69 of the JVC manual (DLA-RS40/50/60).

Should also work for the RS55/65 (LAN).

thanks bearspaw. I've tried this with a RS45 but Director will loose connection with the projector. It seems to intermittently stop working. When the RS45 is not connected I can ping the projector I just don't get control. I can sometimes get control back by switching inputs while the projector is powered off.

I would definately not waste a serial port on a projector that basically just turns on and off 2 commands. If you can use IP then great otherwise IR works just fine.

One nice advantage of Serial on the Panasonic projectors is that they que commands. If someone turns the projector on, then off quickly, it will wait to go through a full power up cycle before it goes to its cool down. And this works in the reverse, if someone accidentally hits room off, and then tries to turn the projector on, it will do its full cooldown before turning back on again.

IR functionality doesn't do this. And the PT AR100 and PT AE7000 do not have IP. Have not played with the 8000 yet tho.

Hello, I've developed an driver for the JVC projector. It supports all commands avaliable (lens, gamma, tests, power, ...)

The connection is through IP, and it is a 2-way driver.

You can check the current status of the projector, current selected input and so on.

Please, send me an message if you are interested in this.

On 11/5/2012 at 4:42 PM, bsalvador said:

Hello, I've developed an driver for the JVC projector. It supports all commands avaliable (lens, gamma, tests, power, ...)

The connection is through IP, and it is a 2-way driver.

You can check the current status of the projector, current selected input and so on.

Please, send me an message if you are interested in this.

Hi, 

I got the same projector and problem. Can you please chair the driver. 
Thanks! 

David

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.