C4 Forums | Control4

Controlling a SeymourAV/Screen Excellence 2.35 Screen Masking system?

turls

I need to place an order for my screen and I need to choose which control option to include. Can someone help me decipher this and give me some advice? I've got a request into my C4 dealer but I know he has never used this brand masking system before. I really haven't done a lot yet with my system and relays so that is a little new to me anyway.

Here is part of an e-mail from the screen company explaining my options:

2) How were you wanting to control the motors? They come with independent AC motors per side. You can choose to use various 4-wire AC motor control product from other companies, or we have several motor control options. The motors are set for full open and the closure limits at 1.33 ratio.

One popular way to do it is use the dual motor control box and just control it's intermediate stop(s) via timed relays into its dry contact inputs. Some standard kit:

IR control eye

RF control receiver

12v control input module

Dual Motor Control master 120v AC box

RS-232 module

Serial to Ethernet module

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Have a look at thr Aspect masking system if you haven't already pulled the trigger on the Seymour. It's Australian made, and will mask more ratio's than just open and 1.33. It's also controllable by ASCII or HEX codes over rs232. Easy for C4 to interface with.

What's the Seymour system worth by the time it's landed in OZ?

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Chris_AU

I'm pretty sure that was the one I looked at, it was just too scary to be on that much of the cutting edge with a non-integrated solution. And the shipping was a killer. I saved a little money on the Seymour system but still very expensive. I'm only doing this once though.

I know of no limit to masking ratios on my setup.

I'm confident I won't have any trouble interfacing with C4, it will just need to be here to figure out. But it should be the same as any other masking system, and RS232 may be a likely candidate.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.