C4 Forums | Control4

SNAP AV HDMI 4 x 4 Matrix Switch

TexasBill

My dealer came and installed this today - I must say that I am very impressed. It was less than $700.00 and I have four inputs and four outputs all working flawlessly. EASY to use on the SR-250 - click on WATCH - then select your input you would like to watch and TA DA you are listening and watching that input.

We have many TVs but the main ones are now selectable and not on a fixed input.

This is recommended so far...

Bill

My dealer came and installed this today - I must say that I am very impressed. It was less than $700.00 and I have four inputs and four outputs all working flawlessly. EASY to use on the SR-250 - click on WATCH - then select your input you would like to watch and TA DA you are listening and watching that input.

Bill

Is this your first video matrix? I'd be curious to hear your experience on source switching and sharing. IE: TV1 is watching the DVR and TV2 is watching the Bluray. Without interrupting TV2, change the TV1 source to Bluray. Do you get any hiccups or dropouts? How long until the new picture shows up?

I'm looking hard at the new snap 8:8.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I have a monoprice that was $150 and I am just as happy!

How much is the Snap 8x8?

For the one that outputs over CAT6 MSRP is $6k. The one that outputs straight HDMI is $4k.

Snap AV has HUGE margins built in for the integrator at that price however. I won't be posting anywhere close to that.

Is this your first video matrix? I'd be curious to hear your experience on source switching and sharing. IE: TV1 is watching the DVR and TV2 is watching the Bluray. Without interrupting TV2, change the TV1 source to Bluray. Do you get any hiccups or dropouts? How long until the new picture shows up?

Thanks in advance.

The audio switches immediately - can count "One one thousand two" so about 1.5 seconds between video switches. The screen goes "black" or BLANK and then the new pictures comes on - there is no flicker.

There is no interruption of any other TVs that we have noticed - we specifically looked and had none.

So far we are very happy.

Bill

Is this your first video matrix? I'd be curious to hear your experience on source switching and sharing. IE: TV1 is watching the DVR and TV2 is watching the Bluray. Without interrupting TV2' date=' change the TV1 source to Bluray. Do you get any hiccups or dropouts? How long until the new picture shows up?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

The audio switches immediately - can count "One one thousand two" so about 1.5 seconds between video switches. The screen goes "black" or BLANK and then the new pictures comes on - there is no flicker.

There is no interruption of any other TVs that we have noticed - we specifically looked and had none.

So far we are very happy.

Bill

That's great. Component distribution in my house is a dream (just like for everyone else I guess), except for the fact that component is being killed off. HDMI distribution is making big strides lately.

I have been using the Snap AV 4x4 switch for almost two years now and it is good but one issue is that it is very susceptible to heat. It works pretty good but make sure you are doing a good job of cooling your rack or you will run into some very serious flicker issues. It was killing me for the first year as I was trying to figure out what was happening. The dealer swapped the switch out twice but it didn't help. The picture would flicker slowly at first and then degrade over time to the point of being un-watchable. I finally figured out the heat issue and began cooling the matrix switch and that seems to have cleared up the problem. Just a heads up from my experience.

I have been using the Snap AV 4x4 switch for almost two years now and it is good but one issue is that it is very susceptible to heat. It works pretty good but make sure you are doing a good job of cooling your rack or you will run into some very serious flicker issues. It was killing me for the first year as I was trying to figure out what was happening. The dealer swapped the switch out twice but it didn't help. The picture would flicker slowly at first and then degrade over time to the point of being un-watchable. I finally figured out the heat issue and began cooling the matrix switch and that seems to have cleared up the problem. Just a heads up from my experience.

Thank you very much my friend! Appreciated - I have several cooling pads in the rack - I was having HUGE issues with Direct TV DVRs heating up and then not being able to "find the satellite". Cooling them made all the difference as well.

Appreciated much.

Bill

I have the snapAV 4x4 and have seen the flicker before (very rare). I just got a rack and it has a cooling fan so now that I know heat has been the problem I should be good to go. Thanks!!

• 7 months later...
Hi...can anyone tell me who the SnapAV dealer is in Houston??? Will they also install the driver into my control 4 system?

Any C4 dealer can be a SnapAV dealer. Find a C4 dealer to work with then worry about the snapav stuff.

Hi.

After finally getting a set-up somewhere close to where a want it I am one item short to expand the system.

I am after a Snap AV B210 balun if anyone can help me out, I know they are discontinued but I was hoping someone may have one laying around.

;)

Hi.

After finally getting a set-up somewhere close to where a want it I am one item short to expand the system.

I am after a Snap AV B210 balun if anyone can help me out, I know they are discontinued but I was hoping someone may have one laying around.

;)

Sent you an email. I have "1"

Bill

Bill,

Was this the B-300-HDMATRIX-4x4 with CAT5 extension and did the $700 include the receivers? Or did you just use the B-100-HDMATRIX-4x4 without the CAT5 extension? Installation AND programming included? I'm in the market, thanks!

Archived