C4 Forums | Control4

Will any Zigbee remote work with C4???

AJF

As more companies bring products using Zigbee to market, I was wondering if they can be used with a C4 system. In particular this new Denon remote (link thanks to Engadget):

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/28/denon-launches-programmable-rc-7000ci-remote/

Would be nicer with color LCD, but a definite step up from the C4 remote's small LCD.

It seems to be the same as Crestrons new zigbee remote except alot cheaper (link thanks to Gizmodo):

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cedia07/crestron-rolls-out-mlx+2-two+way-zigbee-rf-remote-297691.php

I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting a little sick and tired of waiting for C4 to come out with some new remote options. No excuse not have backlit keys with a docking station and the ability to send current media info to the remote (data from mp3 playlist, RDS, XM data, current station.....)

Don't get me wrong, C4 does the automation well, it's just the "control" that is lacking.

They need both !

But I am very interested to know in general, will any Zigbee product work with C4? I'm pretty sure that Z-wave products can work with each other no matter which companies products you buy.

Based on the Zigbee alliance, it would appear that you should be able to identify the remote on the network because of the "open global standard"....

ZigBee Alliance: Wireless Control That Simply Works

The ZigBee Alliance is an association of companies working together to enable reliable, cost

effective, low-power, wirelessly networked, monitoring and control products based on an open

global standard. The ZigBee Alliance membership comprises technology providers and original

equipment manufacturers worldwide. Membership is open to all. Additional information can be

found at www.zigbee.org.

Archived