C4 Forums | Control4

2.3 Backup using HE no longer goes thru

We just upgraded to 2.3 at my place.

However, I can no longer do a full backup of my project.

When the backup runs, as it comes to the media library part..step 3 (coverart), I get the error:

"The system cannot find the specified file"

...and the backup fails..

I can backup without media info and personal info checked..but not a full backup..

Thoughts?

Solutions?

Same issue. Can't backup program in HE...

In another thread WAP said:

Do you use the C4media library? When I leave this unchecked, the backup goes thru..

So it seems to be something with backup of coverart/media library..

Try that and see if it helps you?

Bill

I needed to restart my HC1000 anyway, and the project backs up successfully now it seems. Even though it was giving an error before, I'm not sure it didn't complete successfully. The file was still created and it seemed about the right size.

This is normal. Due to a change in the media database the main controller needs to be rebooted after a 2.3 udapted before it sees the mm.db file properly - untill that time you cannot import/export media, load a project with media or back-up a project with media. Pro OR HE, doesn't matter. This is as per release notes I believe.

Same issue. Can't backup program in HE...

In another thread WAP said:

Do you use the C4media library? When I leave this unchecked' date=' the backup goes thru..

So it seems to be something with backup of coverart/media library..

Try that and see if it helps you?

Bill[/quote']

Unchecked and it worked but that looks like C4 will need to fix this. Thanks Bill and Wap...

I also rebooted 1000.

^ What release notes? In 2.3.0 HE?

I've checked the user guide.

There is nothing in there.

In any case this problem still remains unresolved.

Even after a reboot of both PC and my primary controller (An HC1000)

In HE no. But as updates are supposedly done by delaers who should be reading those release notes and therefor follow it's instructions, that reboot should have been done prior to you even touching HE.......

That said it obviously didnt fix it for some. I'll see if I can figure something out.

Question: can you still export individual media lists?

YES

Also when backing up try selecting media but NOT personal data (not sure HE gives you that option)

This doesn't work.

But. Selecting personal data NOT media does work.

So there appears to be something wrong with the way media data is now bundled up in the backup.

• 2 weeks later...

The ComposerHE install process was re-factored and inadvertently left tar.exe out of the 2.3 build of ComposerHE. This is used to zip up the cover art for the project file. You can manually copy the tar.exe file from a previous composerHE version and copy it into the 2.3 directory to resolve this issue.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Archived