C4 Forums | Control4

What AVR's are you guys using??

Thinking of uprgrading from my Harmon Kardon AVR 245...What kind of receivers are you guys using....please include model numbers if you can? I would really appreciate the input....also, any with discrete volume????

awesome, appreciate the input....How are you guys getting the discrete volume codes for these recievers??? Looking in system design in composer, it seems NO recievers have these in the current drivers...much appreciated for the help

denon serial drivers have discrete volume. 4308,4306, 3806 etc...

htc can be slow dealing them out. Or its the denon slow in processing the commands. I use them in IR just due to the slow response. (2 way drivers)

I agree with the Denon supporters. However we are having a problem with the Denon avr2808. It is being controlled via RS232 from a media controller. The discrete volume works but doesn't show the use what level it is set to. For instance, you are listening to some music but you want to turn it down a little. You bring up the volume control which is displaying 85%! You slide it down to 80% and it blows your head off. Even thought the volume level was originally at 30%, the display on the 10 inch touch screen was showing 85% so by turning it down, you are actually turning it up. Anybody else had this problem and if so, how do you fix it?

Also, the volume up and down arrows do work but VERY slowly. Is there a way to increase the chunk that the volume is increased or decreased?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived