C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Advanced Programming @ Cedia

danlevine

Hey all, Here is a doc and screen shots of the advanced programming course at CEDIA. I think I'm allowed to post this, so as long as C4 is cool with it here you go :)

Dan

(The forum would not allow me to upload a file this large. Here is a direct link to it)

http://c4forums.com/pub/CEDIA2008AdvProg.zip

Topics :

Hiding devices on the Navigator submenus

Disc Changers –add discs via the Navigator

Volume ramping control using the press and release of keypad buttons

Create a “Party” Media Scene; toggle scene from the press of a custom button or keypad.

Create a source toggle on a keypad button to cycle between your DVD player and 2 playlists. Use LED colors on that button to track what the current source is. One color for the DVD player, another for a playlist, etc.

Single tap on light turns light on/off, double tap triggers lighting scene to turn on/off lights in the area

Press and hold – using a timer with lights and bathroom fans

Press and hold – “Snooze” using timers and a variable with the mini touch panel shortcut button

Occupancy timer using a motion sensor with override on the button press on the light

Vacation mode – putting the house in a mode that appears lights are more random and people are still in the home

Basic Weatherbug driver usage with a pop up window

Variations using the Weatherbug driver (combining Weatherbug info and other images in the same pop up window, Weatherbug pop ups in specific rooms using a string variable, dynamically changing the zipcode we poll Weatherbug for info about)

Using Status messages

Basic Announcement agent use – using IP cameras in the pop up window to grab a current image (also AT&T text to speech site and soundsnap.com)

Temperature Consolidator driver – showing more than one temperature in a pop up window

ScreenSaver programming – custom photos during the day, blank out at night

Security Panel programming – using a loop to keep lights on inside and lights flashing outside, announcement that police are on their way

CallerID driver – how to use it

Dentist office paging, video switching example

Grandpa Monitor example – (basic concept covered in slides)

• 3 months later...

I had posted on another thread (help with weatherbug) reference this guide. After reviewing the weatherbug example I had the following question:

A Quick follow up. There's been some discussion on another thread or two about the use of a room var to send the results (on receive) of a custom button press (like a weatherbug forcast) to the respective room. This works assuming all nav UI's (read TV, MTS, and TS) are fixed and do not traverse the room hierarchy to control other rooms. If an MTS or TS is used in multiple rooms then room var would send the button press results to the default (coded device/nav), not the roaming device. That said, is there a way (or a var) to determine the device (not the room) from which the custom button press originated so the popup can be sent to the correct device UI (MTS, TS, etc) ?

It would seem this would be handy in the commercial hotel business as well where normalizing the programming across all room displays would minmize programming time.

Is this assessment correct ?

Archived