wait 3300 milliseconds

play

wait 22000 milliseconds

stop

wait 200 milliseconds

stop

wait 200 milliseconds

menu

The disc changer won't change the disc based on the 3 digit entry. Even if you use the Sony remote, you can't type in Folder and then the 3 digita number of the disc your want.

Any ideas?

Check out the driver I posted on this site (and on the other site - FYI - you're dual posting on both sites may not be worth it, you're getting the answers from the same people at both sites...).

Email from Sony:

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.

As our response system is partially automated, your letter was responded to without being read. Unfortunately, it appears that the automated message you were sent was not applicable to your original concerns. We apologize for this inconvenience.

You can skip 100 discs ahead by pressing +100 button the DVP-CX995V CD/DVD Player. Regretfully, you cannot select a particular disc by entering 3 digits.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Your Sony Email Response Team

CP7C

Abhishek

Hmmm... the driver I posted was the 985 - but I'm reading more and more than the 995 won't accept a 3 digit disc number. I REALLY have a hard time beliving Sony would do that - but it appears so. Can someone extract the descrete code from the 985 and try it on a 995 any make sure it doesn't work??

• 8 months later...

Hi, has anyone been able to create a working driver for the Sony DVP-CX995V CD/DVD Player? I am at my wits end trying to get this piece of equipment to select the right DVD and play it. The unit will play; stop; power on and power off, but will not select a DVD. It is very frustrating. If someone has a fix or a working driver could you please let me know.

Is it a setting on the DVD Player itself?

Thanks in advance. :)

No - that won't work... it's the 985 that can load the firmware of the 777. Either way - the 985 had direct disc access, where as the 995 does not. Sorry - there is no fix for this... Sony took a giant leap BACKWARDS with the 995. Sell it and try and find a 985 on eBay (or upgrade to a 777).

That is insane. Thanks Sony. I bought this unit on Wednesday. I am boxing it up and returning the darn thing tomorrow. It had so much potential... especially with the HDMI upconverting. It's a shame.

Any other ideas for a decent changer in this price range anyone? Thanks. :)

Get the 985 (off ebay) - as it was a great model! Or spend an extra few hundred and get the 777. HDMI upconvert does nothing really... go with the components (which both these players have) and you'll be just as happy. 777, because of serial control with the C4 system, you'll be even happier.

Just as an update to the question I posed above; I am keeping my Sony 995, as I have found a way to select individual DVDs by number... finally. It took a little programming in the driver, and tweaking in the macros but its seems to be working quite well. If anyone else is having trouble still, I can tell you what I did to fix this DVD selection issue.

Now that I think about it though, is there a way to jump around? I could see a macro doing a jump to 100, then down arrow 50 times etc... that "could" work - but would be very clumsy / very slow. :(

The way I am able to select a DVD directly is by utilizing the menu before selecting which disc I want. I have my macro setup so that when I select a DVD to watch, the 995 will Turn on - Stop,(then after I had my HTC to accept the "Display" button that I programmed from the remote.) it will go roughly like this ...Display - 3 number sequence of DVD - Enter - Play - Display - Display- Enter. *In between the commands, I have certain milliseconds in between of course for it to work out. As I had to tweak it somewhat in order to get the 995's menu to disappear before the movie starts. I am not at home now so I can't give you exact details of the macro, but I'll try to get more info to you when I get home.

Still trying to polish off the macro timing wise, but it seems to be working great for me.

What I surmised from using the 995 menu, was that hitting Display once will bring up the units menu. Which gives you as a first choice of punching in the Disc number you want. Putting in the number and hitting Enter, takes you to that DVD. Hitting Display again brings up a second menu which after that hitting Display a third time makes the menu disappear. All this goes on behind the scenes while you are on the "Please wait..." section of the HTC.

Just sit back and wait for it to load up.

• 2 months later...

I have a 995 and I have it working quite well now. After many hours of tweaking, I found out that the only way to get some consistency for it to properly select a disc is to leave the player on all the time. When powering up, it auto-plays the last disc which is very annoying (even if I disable auto-play in the set up menu!).

Leaving the player on and issuing a STOP-STOP prior to the DISPLAY and disc number, works quite well.

So far...

Cheers!

We actually created a Macro for the 985 for powerup - that basically lets it start playing last disc and exits out to a Sony logo. BUT - it takes 30 seconds to turn the device on - kinda stinks... but works every single time! :)

• 8 months later...

I finally got my 995 to work. I used the most recent Control4 driver and just fine tuned the macro to get it where it needed to be. It is set up so I don't have to always have the DVD player on. If anyone is still interested in getting their 995 to select a disc let me know. I will be happy to help.

Archived