C4 Forums | Control4

Remote V2 not working HTC2 1.7.2 update

After update to director 1.7.2 my Ver.2 remote updated it's firmware slowly. Now I created a new project (using the wizard for speed) with a HTC1, Television and Remote V2 and no remote control communication. I'm using Composer 1.7.1 and not even the 4 button presses get the remote recognized. How to t-shoot this one?

Thanks

Thank you. So with Composer Pro 1.7.2 the remote V2 is still non-operational (only Control4 Remote and Options displayed). Going into conections - network I've added the remotes MAC address, but is this a ZigBee address? Any way to force the 1.7.2 update again on the director to reflash the remote, because like you said my V2 remote appears to be a brick. Should I get a SR250 or mobile client license for iPhone, until my V2 remote is unbricked :D? Any master reset on V2 remote?

No, bricking a device means getting it into a state that can't be fixed without RMAing the device.

When a Control4 system gets updated, Zigbee devices also get updated, although it may not happen immediately. Devices like remotes may need to be 'woken up' to cause them to start updating.

Sounds more likely that the original poster may have the remote on a different zigbee channel, and when he recreated the project, didn't change it. It would be *very* unusual for an update to brick a Zigbee device.

RyanE

Archived