C4 Forums | Control4

2.0 Sdk

briankmc22

Ok so I know this is looking into the crystal ball here cause none of us know the future but does anyone on here know when the 2.0 OS SDK will be available. Ive been writing for 1.7.2 but im sure some of the brick walls ive hit in terms of interface will be addressed in 2.0

Eldon??? Care to tease???

-PS:

Im developing a black berry app that ive gotten to work 50% thus far...so yeah im sure we all want this for our clients, just want to know if I can make it better before dropping another 100 hours of work on it!

I was hoping to atleast get the Beta test of 2.0 by middle next month...you know how they are when it comes to main releases..like ten freakin betas first lol... good thing I keep my restore drive at hand haha.... Im hoping at CES we see the 2.0 in action..... I think Eldon chimes in more on the dealer forum but then never really goes into much... I was hoping that the guys at extravegatables might chime in too since they are probably dieing to do the apple tv interace in 2.0 ..id really like to use the Java aspect of the black berry for a faster response and run time than the iphone app.. im not afraid to say it, I think my iphone app is slow, and well I dont want this... hopefully with flash running in the background on 2.0 I can use the black berry to its potential....

also dont you think they need to get this out ASAP(2.0) even if they are calling the Elan g! software Vaporware...a good friend of mine uses Elan and some of the HomeLogic brands in his installs and Ive seen them...its nice... I think like anything else it has its flaws, perhaps theyll fix it with this merger...I spoke to the elan rep at a distibutor event before xmas and he said they are really just tweaking the setup software and updating the drivers.... I think they realize they are in need of something as easy as composer is in terms of GUI for its dealers.... regadless i think those who do Crestron will never give credit to C4 but many of us came from an ELAN background and know they tend to live up to there word, and there dealer support is amazing... so if they are going to start littering CEPRO and Electronic House etc with teasers and reviews then C4 REALLY needs to get us the glitter and glam we need to fend of questions as business HOPEFULLY returns to normal... I dont say this lightly, we are a gold dealer for C4 and I pray that im not looking at a blue 5 year old circle come spring anymore...i mean people who visit our store often go to the C4 stuff and say...oh wow this is the same screen I saw last year...

At the last Elan roadshow, it was mentioned that Homelogic (the software side of g!) had over 2000 installations, Control4 has shipped over 1 million devices.

Not a slam on Homelogic at all, but I'd take any reports of what Elan plans to do with Homelogic and g! with big grain of salt. g! isn't close to shipping and they haven't shipped enough of the Homelogic gear under the Elan banner to make even a rounding error in the overall market yet.

It's one of the reasons I chose to be a Control4 dealer over Homelogic, it's just not fully baked yet.

Archived