C4 Forums | Control4

Dune vs XBMC GUI

ERDrPC

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
Yes, you can use MyMovies with Dune and a little elbow grease.

Lots of good reading here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1175778

That was some link! :) Do some of these guys actually spend anytime watching the movies? I mean with 250 blu ray's to backup, Mymovie tweaking, Dune firmware upgrading and setup,then we add C4 integration on top of that....red ray disks and 4D format will be out and we'll be onto the hologram players..:D

• 2 weeks later...
That is probably the longest thread I have ever read. It is too hard to find anything in that sucker....it's more than 108 PAGES long, with more than 3,200 posts.

NUTS

Yeh....The interest in this thing over on AVS is at fever pitch! Dare I ask how the driver is going? (again) :rolleyes:

Sure. I've also got codes. He won't have a prob. doing it. I'd be happy to make it avail. But don't know how, and don't want to get into that 'who owns the driver user vs dealer thing' :) actually another dealer near me has (alledgedly) done a driver but it's not available apparently. Go figure.

I can send you the IR driver I have. Nothing special. May need to edit repeat counts. It's the IP driver in time that you'll want anyway :)

That would be great. Thanks. Unbelievably helpful( as usual :D) let me know if it costs any. I agree- and when the IP is ready, also more than happy to part with some cash!

I can send you the IR driver I have. Nothing special. May need to edit repeat counts. It's the IP driver in time that you'll want anyway :)

The control of the Dune in my friends system will act multiple times on a key press (it's like your pressing a key three times). Is this what you mean by repeat counts? Is that something an end user can change or will the dealer have to fix it?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Since Dune formats disks using Linux (Ext2), this is great news for mac heads. The Base has an Internal HDD slot. (Like the ones you see on multi drive NAS units) You just slide a 3.5 inch WD green 2.O TB HDD right on in there and presto....mount the disk on your mac using SAMBA ( via your network) This gives read/write access straight onto the Dune via OSX. Who needs NTFS anyway! There is also a great OSX based Dune scrapper out there (Like myMovies), that scraps right onto the Dune HDD. I also assume the internal EXt2 formatted HDD in a Dune could act as a share for a Conrol4 media player...but I'll need to check this out (or someone to confirm if this is possible).

I know there are alot of folk on this forum who think that NAS streaming is the way to go, but for those who need a simpler solution, where the movie "backup's" play right off the player(independant of network streaming) this might be for you. Also if you want to move a whole player, or the library for true off site backup ;) via a pull out 2TB HDD...to another Dune at a different location (like a holiday home or condo, where there is no LAN), this is a great solution. ...Oh and no more network streaming hassles! :cool:

Archived