C4 Forums | Control4

I desperatelty need help!

MC Dig

I imported all my music using apple lossless encoder to itunes,

I am using the latest version of composer (I think it is 1.8?, also all software has been upgraded to 1.8) I have a hrc500.

I converted all the tracks to mp3, then imported them to control4, but the album information was lost and all tracks were just bundled together in one long list. This made it impossible to search music by album, artist, genre etc.

Is there a way to get my itunes library on to the control4?

If not, and I have to re-load all 80 cd's, then what is the best way to do that, keeping in mind that for another system I have to keep a library in a lossless format.

So, basically

i need an easy, painless way to load cd's, and keep two libraries- itunes in some lossless format, and a format that control4 can handle.

Can someone please help me out,

i have become very frustrated with the control4 and am beginning to feel like this system more trouble than it is worth,

please help

Apple doesn't associate the cover art with the actual file. I've seen scripts online that will go into your itunes library and add the art and track info to the music file. I would start there- if you can associate the data with the music file then hopefully it will go with the file when it's converted to .mp3.

By the way- if you can hold off for 2.0 you might be able to play the apple lossless file.

It can convert my apple lossless files to mp3 in itunes; but then I lose the original apple lossless versions.

what I need is to keep my itunes library intact with the lossless format; then convert the library, making a new mp3 version of the library.

so in the end, I will have my apple lossless library in Itunes

then another file that can be put on to my 500 control4, with the appropriate meta data.

Is there a way to do this or do I have to reload all those cd's?

Please have a look at the following article on getting your MP3 metadata in shape:

http://lifehacker.com/5511473/start-to-finish-guide-to-whipping-your-musics-metadata-into-shape

Thanks for this article - I've just tested Jaikoz to clean-up my problematic and much neglected mp3 tags, I was impressed in about 15 minutes with the free download, but this was going to be painful doing 20 songs at a time. I paid the $25 and purchased it to do bulk clean-up.

Absolutely magic! Probably sorting out 98% of my files with cover art, correcting Album, song title and artist tags...

The only comment I'd make is don't expect it to be quick for a large collection, despite having a new PC.

Once again thanks for the link - Another solution and another problem solved! Ticking them off one at a time!

Archived