C4 Forums | Control4

Email Notifications no longer working....2.0 bug?

So, I just noticed that my email notifications are no longer working. I even attempted to send a test email under the agents tab to ensure it wasn't an error in programming, and indeed the email never went out.

This was working great prior to my 2.0 update. Is anybody that's running 2.0 having a problem with this?

My 4Sight subscription doesn't run out until 12/22/2010, so that isn't the problem.

Anybody have an ideas?

So, I just tried to send one to both a yahoo account and a gmail account...neither worked.

It would appear this is a problem with my system, not with the email address.

I rebooted the system this morning in attempt to fix this, that hasn't made a difference.

One more thing popped into my head. Before 2.0 the emails would come from "my house" or something like that. Now it comes from Control4_HC1000. The new "sender" was going to my spam till I told my email account it wasn't spam.

I didn't reboot my network equipment, although I guess I could. I just hate to pull the power out of my managed switch...I don't want to set that all up again.

If I run a network test everything is successful, and it successfully pulls cover art, etc...

Are you suggesting I reboot my router, switch, modem, or all of the above?

I just hate to pull the power out of my managed switch...I don't want to set that all up again.

....?

A power cycle will not restore factory defaults. This is stored in flash. Likely there is a button (like on some Netgear switches) or sequence to reset the flash config to defaults.

Okay...that's good to know. For some reason I had in my mind that if the power was pulled on the switch, it would lose the settings.

In that case, I'll reset the network gear tonight and see if somehow that makes a difference.

I don't know exactly when this started, but it seems that it started when I introduced the HC1000V3 into the system. Does that give anybody anymore ideas as to what it could be?

The 1000 is registered with my.control4.com, NOT the old controller.

And yes, Tebery, I rebooted them all. Actually, come to think of it, I didn't reboot the MC...just the 2 300's and the HC1000 (it sounds like our systems are nearly identical!?).

not sure why they won't work? mine even work to my cell phone number email.

That's what I have mine set to go to, but I even tried a few other email addresses and they don't work. They worked up until recently, although I don't know exactly when they stopped. I had it setup so I got tons of text messages, and I got sick of it so I got rid of most of them. However, I was out of town with the family last week and put the house in vacation mode. That is when I noticed they weren't working. When I got home it didn't alert me that someone entered the house, which is when I got to testing and found the problem.

I'll try rebooting my network gear (and the Media Controller) tonight and see if that makes a difference.

How do you have the controller addressed?

I have seen this in a couple cases where its not addressed UUID but IP which then if the address changes or it cannot resolve the address it won’t send out the notification.

It is addressed by static IP, NOT UUID. Should I address it by UUID? Do you think that will solve the problem?

I can do that tonight when I get home.

I should add the rebooting the network equipment didn't fix the problem.

Archived