C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 audio distortion

I have an older C4 system and don't laugh but still running v1.7.4. Small system and never had the need to upgrade. But because of the older version I lost Rhapsody support months back and hadn't played music in this room from the HC300 since then. The primary controller, an HC300, has distorted audio out of both outputs 1 & 2 when playing music files from an attached hard drive.

I tried the same track/tracks on my computer from the same attached hard drive and sounds fine. Also played the same track/tracks in another room which also has an HC300 and it played fine there.

Music from other sources such as a cable box are fine through the receiver/amp in the same room as the HC300 that is producing the distorted audio. Tried new audio cables too.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance.

I would start with disabling audio server on the hc300 using system manager. Then trying it again. It should re-enable itself. If not. Enable it again with system manager. And try once more.

Does the hc300 you have have a factory restore button on the back? Do you have access to composer home edition or pro?

Happy Automating!

VINCELdUB    disabled the audio server   tried to play a track from the HardDrive  no sound whatsoever. Enabled the audio server in system manager and tried again.

Track played but still distorted.

Same content still plays fine on my laptop from the HardDrive.

Any other thoughts? 

Archived