C4 Forums | Control4

Restricting access to DVD Changer to only one zone at a time

fdastoor

If a single DVD changer is used in a mult zone system how can one restrict access to the changer. For example if Fam Roomwatching a DVD how can you prevent someone in the Bedroom from disrupting the program with another controller that has access to the changer?

Sorry - I thought I implied that with the "short of that, no way" comment... :) :) :)...

But in English... "No". :P

It's been talked about - but at this time I don't believe it's on the road map, as it just doesn't seem to be "that" big a concern... even in my own house - it happens once in a great while (like once a year - maybe).

One way to minimize this problem is for users (not sure if you're the user or the dealer) to understand that if they switch to the DVD changer and something is playing, it means someone else is watching it and not to use it.

Another option is to pick one Control4 light switch within view of each of the relevant TVs. Program the LEDs so that when any room selects the DVD changer, the LEDs on those light switches all turn to a different color (say, red). As soon as the room turns off, the LEDs go back to normal.

If this is of interest and you need any help programming it, post a reply. I'm currently using this type of programming to indicate alarm status and I like it alot!

--Jason

Archived