C4 Forums | Control4

Assigning loads to keypad buttons

fschaeffer

Hi there, I'm pretty new to Composer HE, as I've just purchased it, so bear with me.

I can't seem to find where I actually set a button to dim/turn on/off a load. I see than under programming I can set a lighting scene to a button, but I want a simpler task.

Thanks

ok, let me try to explain better. My dealer setup most of my keypads like this:

I have a 3-button keypad, where I control 3 separate loads, one on each button. If I press once, the load is lit and the led changes color to let me know it's on. If I press it again, it will turn the load off and change the color back to where it was. In the other hand, If I hold the button, it will dim up and down.

Where to I setup or check all this programming? If I go in the programming mode and select this particular 3-bubtton keypad, nothing is shown in the programming window for neither of the 3-buttons in the keypad.

I'm assuming that this kind of default setup is done somewhere else.., but can't seem to find.

ok, let me try to explain better. My dealer setup most of my keypads like this:

I have a 3-button keypad, where I control 3 separate loads, one on each button. If I press once, the load is lit and the led changes color to let me know it's on. If I press it again, it will turn the load off and change the color back to where it was. In the other hand, If I hold the button, it will dim up and down.

Where to I setup or check all this programming? If I go in the programming mode and select this particular 3-bubtton keypad, nothing is shown in the programming window for neither of the 3-buttons in the keypad.

I'm assuming that this kind of default setup is done somewhere else.., but can't seem to find.

Your dealer could have setup this up in "Connections" under composer Pro. If you only have Composer Home Edition you can make connections like those used in Composer Pro.

this is what I've trying to look for and cannot find - this is probably because my dealer setup using connections.

I only have access to the Home Edition - what do you mean when you say that I can make connections like those used in Composer Pro?

Another question - let's say my dealer setup this using a feature I dont have access in Home Edition (connections). What happens if now I set a lighting scene on a keypad button that already has a load setup using Connections?

Archived