C4 Forums | Control4

Forum Password

I've been having this problem for a while now. I can't log in to this sight. The only way in is for me to have it send me a password and to click on the link. If I use "All Wired Up!" and the password it sends me it says wrong login or pass. If I go change the password it says wrong old password.

I used to have this issue. I had to ask it for a new password each time. Finally, one logged in, I changed my password to something I could remember and the next time I went to log in, it worked. It almost seemed as if the password they send you is only good for one login.

One thing that would be nice is if the site were able to remember you and keep you logged in. Typically, I check this at home or on my laptop where no one else has access. It's a pain logging in each time.

The other forum keeps my logged in. ( forum4control.com)

One thing that would be nice is if the site were able to remember you and keep you logged in. Typically, I check this at home or on my laptop where no one else has access. It's a pain logging in each time.

Please double-check to make sure the following is set for password "remembering":

profile > privacy > "Save username and password between visits" is true.

See if that fixes your problem and let me know please.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

On resetting your password via email (by clicking "forgot password")

When you receive the password via email, first click the link at the bottom of the email, then login with the new received password. If you do not, the system will not reset your password in the database, and the original will stick in there. It prevents the system from random, unauthorized password-reset requests.

Andy

Archived