C4 Forums | Control4

Houselogix BlueIris programming trouble

I am trying to do programming for when motion detection is triggered on my Hikvision camera through Blueiris that it triggers Chowmeins' notification driver. 

I can't seem to figure out how to do this, and I don't think it is possible to trigger on motion. 

Has anyone else been able to do this? I contacted Houselogix and they haven't got back to me at all. (been 3 days)

Correct. Or, trigger ANYTHING when motion is detected from a Blue Iris camera using your driver. 

Right now I switched it over so it is running off of the doorbell but unfortunately it appears as though people in this area are intimidated by our door station. No one ever knows how to ring the door bell and we can't hear them when they knock. This makes it bad for my wife's business when clients come over.  

BTW: Still haven't got a response to my support email. If you PM me I can send you my email address to look into it?

• 2 weeks later...

I am the author of the blue Iris driver... Right now my driver can trigger the camera, and you can set up a native blue Iris notification, which works great but if you want to have the camera motion trigger control4... It isn't in my driver as of yet, and may require a basic "add-on" driver . Right now you could use Ryan Ericsons (aka "untested hacks"). Web events driver and have blue Iris send an http command upon motion... Please pm me a good contact number of you want to discuss during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the author of the blue Iris driver... Right now my driver can trigger the camera, and you can set up a native blue Iris notification, which works great but if you want to have the camera motion trigger control4... It isn't in my driver as of yet, and may require a basic "add-on" driver . Right now you could use Ryan Ericsons (aka "untested hacks"). Web events driver and have blue Iris send an http command upon motion... Please pm me a good contact number of you want to discuss during the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I can figure out how to hack it to send, was just hoping to not go down that route. 

It is a pretty sweet driver. A lot of awesome advanced (Stable) features but this one oversight seems to be a primary feature for web cameras. 

My only concern with Blue Iris' notification is that you have no options for sending the notification or triggering. My cell provider, while being listed with BlueIris as supported, doesn't send the picture. I get an error every time showing "a MIME attachment of type <IMAGE/jpeg> was removed by a drop-attachments-y-file-type filter rule on the host"

So it looks like my cell carrier doesn't allow the MMS option from Blue Iris. 

It would be awesome to have integration where I could trigger and event from the blue iris driver, and tie that in with Pushover and ChowMeins notification suite to send me the image. I have that set on my doorbell trigger and it works perfectly, flawlessly, and quick. Would be awesome to just be able to trigget an even right in C4 and do the programming. 

I know I have seen different email prefixes for carrier mms's that add the ability to attach images, out of curiosity who if the carrier?  Also please PM me a good contact number, I am happy to try and help you get it working, or come up with a way to make it work...

adam

Archived