C4 Forums | Control4

LED Status and Session Hijacking

Adidaswood

I have a button in each room that cycles music playlists.  I'm running into some issues with session hijacking. 

so I wanted to do two things.

1. set the LED on the music button to Green if the session is active in that room, and set all the other music buttons to Blue.  That will serve as a status to other people so they don't push the button and hijack the stream.  But I've noticed my LEDs come on even if I'm watching TV.  This is probably because they are changing based on that room's power state.  
  2. Check for and join a session in progress.

Should I base LEDs off digital media states?  I'm also note sure if all sources would interrupt a session that is already in progress.  I know napster does for sure.

Looking for Ideas on how to solve these type of issues before I decide on a course of action.  I'm still thinking through it so I'm open to discussion about how this could work

You can do this with the room variables. CURRENT_SELECTED_DEVICE

is one of them.

Also, if it is digital media that you are doing this for exclusively, then the digital media cloud will also serve this purpose. For clarification, let me know. I am happy to write up something a little more clear.

Happy Automating!

You could also "disable" the other buttons while original room is in session. Or have that button become a join current session button if another room is active. I assume this is due to the fact that you have a limited amount of available audio outputs?

Happy Automating!

Archived