C4 Forums | Control4

Director password

29 minutes ago, jeffatwork said:

Anyone know how to reset a forgotten password to login to Director.  Its been so long since I logged into Driector, I've forgotten it.

Thanks

Try password recovery from your control4.com account.  Its the same email and login for the control4 app.   Or are you talking about a putty connection into your controller?

4 minutes ago, jeffatwork said:

I may have to unregister my controller and reregister?  I'm running out of options

Try a "Network" reset, not factory reset.  Which controller do you have?  Sorry to make you run around in circles.  I haven't had this problem yet so I'm looking up ideas.

How to reset a password on a controller

QUICK ACTIONS

The network reset will also reset the password

Hold the identify button on the controller while power you power cycle the controller.

Continue to hold the id button until the data and link LED's come on at the same time ( they will light up blue), or if you are watching the on- screen display, it will tell you when to release the id button.

Update:  I figured out my password and was able to login in to ComposerHE, however, after I closed out of Composer and updated it to 2.9.1 (<-security patch) and attempted to reopen Composer, I now receive "Director is unable to authenticate ComposerHE".  Has anyone had any success with 2.9.1 or is this a bug? I uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted my HC800 but still have no success launching ComposerHE.

I'm thinking its time for a "Network" reset, any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Really?  I have no ability to download the previous version of ComposerHE as its been removed from my software downloads.  So much for staying up-to-date on the "security patch".... what a joke.

I did do a network reset, but that obviously didnt fix the problem.

Thanks dcovach for your prompt responses.  Guess I'll do no C4 stuff until they fix their own security patch.

I could send you a link to a previous version but there's no point in going backwards. Despite some of the criticism, I like 2.10.2. Hopefully the issue with HE is resolved soon. It's been a great tool thus far.

Archived