C4 Forums | Control4

Web Navigator

Hello. I am having great difficulty trying to gain access to the html version of 4access (the irony is not lost on me).

I have a 4access subscription, which runs out in Jan next year (as my control panel keeps telling me to set to auto renew, which is doubtful as things stand)

I have seen the html version of 4access before when the Dealer was with me, but I cannot seem to access it anymore.

If I try, I get the "flash" version, which is just the basic windows to my home devices. 

However, as I recall, the HTML version provided much wider options to customize and basically review what options, and commands are possible.

I have read this guide on your site, which just comes across as quite a ridiculous system - that different versions will show up depending on what OS you have, etc.

https://www.control4.com/documentation/System_User_Guide/Use_the_Web_Navigator.htm

In my case, there is indeed a link to "HTML", however clicking that boots me to the main control4 control panel page. I have tried this across multiple browsers and do not feel that the issue is on my end.

I am ultimately just trying to control my TV with my echo.  Control 4 is already connected to this TV, I can use the connect 4's remote to control the TV for example (there is c4 app within my 4k Panasonic TV), however, I do not appear to be able to have my echo control the TV despite that the TV is shown within the devices shown within the Alexa app...

I would at the very least like to access the proper 4access interface  so that I can at least try to work out what is going on, but  I cannot.. At this rate, I am failing to see what (if any) benefit I am getting from having a 4access subscription. Seems like a total waste of money as it stands.  I would appreciate someone to shed some light on this, otherwise, for the moment, I will most likely not be subscribing to any further C4 products, as my experience with it so far has been extremely frustrating, and this is from someone who considers himself quite tech savvy.

I think C4 needs to make their products more user-friendly, without the necessity for dealer intervention, otherwise the market will surely cut them out in favour of systems like google home where the user is actually in control (again the irony).

1.jpg

Try customer.control4.com and setting up the alexa skill. You added voice triggers outside of the native command set you will need your dealer to add the voice scene driver and you need Composer HE to do the programing. There is some when>then functionality depending on what you are wanting to accomplish

Archived