C4 Forums | Control4

Playstation 3?

you will have a lot of problems controlling it....the HTC only fires IR...the Ps3 is bluetooth.

There is an IR workaround using an old IR - USB module from the Ps2.

See www.remotecentral.com

Hello,

I want to add a PS3 and an xbox 360 to a systems. Can I just create a driver with only connections and no code for me to do this. It will be strictly for gaming and all we wish to do is to switch inputs and the a/v switch and av receiver

Thanks

you will have a lot of problems controlling it....the HTC only fires IR...the Ps3 is bluetooth.

We purchased from Nyko an IR remote...it just came out and is only $20.

I was just thinking this....

Xbox 360 can be turned on remotely via the controller itself

So why not plug the console into a normal C4 outlet switch and program it to detect power.... whenever the console is turned on normally, the outlet switch will detect it, and make the appropriate A/V switches to the right settings

would this work? just bypass ir codes all together?

We purchased from Nyko an IR remote...it just came out and is only $20.

I just received mine today and was wondering if anyone has setup the Hiko ir remote in C4 yet???

Here in Australia I do not know anything that can control the Ps3 without some sort of modification ....the replacement remote from Nyko may be Bluetooth?

You can certainly set the Ps3 up in Composer and have it switch inputs on the amp/av switch....thats not a problem,it is the actual controlling of the ps3 that poses the problem.

Archived