C4 Forums | Control4

Media Adapter and Control4

Any one integrated a media player into C4 yet...something like a D-Link DSM or Netgear EVA78000.

I have a D-Link DSM-320 integrated into my system but was wondering if there is a workaround using C4 and Dvd Cover art much like the Sony Dvd changer does. Now I know your all thinking the Media adapter software will catalog movies etc but the problem is i am a sucker for cover art and DSM-320 does not support it....just wondering if you could access movies from Movies options in C4.

I have a DSM-320 integrated into my system, but I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I don't think the DSM-320 does anything with DVDs (video files, yes, but not DVDs).

I only have the DSM in there because I already owned it, it's an EXCELLENT device and it has MUCH more power and flexibility to select songs than the C4 interface currently has (search by song title, etc).

If you're not already doing so, you might want to check out the Twonky Media Server to run on whatever computer you are using to serve the music to the DSM-320. It's a terrific shareware media server with a whole lot of confirable features.

If you can elaborate a bit on what you're looking to do with DVDs and the DSM I can try and provide you some additional detail.

--Jason

Archived