C4 Forums | Control4

Director dropped off network

Last night everything was working fine - woke up this morning and none of the remotes or touch screens were responding. The HC-1000 director is off the network. I have other controllers that show up on the System Manager, but that one can't be pinged or displayed on the network. I cycled power and the rest of the network is up. Any ideas? Hoping to hear from dealer soon.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Mine did the same thing the other day. I replaced the hard drive with one that I had imaged as up / failsafe and the hc-1000 came back to life for 2 days then went off line again!!! Replacing the hard drive and it coming back to life ensures me it is not hardware related. Any thoughts? Going to try a restore tonight if I have time. In the mean time, I made my old media controller the director.

What version are you on. Check with your dealer there have been a few firmware update/patches for the V3. Some of them are subsidized by C4 for the time to fix. If it is an old one your dealer you try a restore requires software on a USB drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have not had time to try the restore to the 1000. I had my media controller set as director and all was fine until today when it suddenly went off line. I cannot see any directors on the network. Even if i add a director by assigned ip, i cannot connect to them.

Is anyone aware of C4 scanning registered controllers to determine composer version sub 2.0 and sending out a kill director type of signal or something? As mentioned in my above post, i was able to get the 1000 back online with swapping the harddrive with a backup image that i had created then after a few days it went off line again. Now I am having this issue with another controller.

Going to perform a restore from a usb stick in a few to see if it brings the 1000 and media controller back to life.

What version are you on. Check with your dealer there have been a few firmware update/patches for the V3. Some of them are subsidized by C4 for the time to fix. If it is an old one your dealer you try a restore requires software on a USB drive.

I am on 1.7 still and the 1000 is a V1. The 1000 has been running 1.7 for about 2 years with out any issues.

Archived