C4 Forums | Control4

Complicated question about Control4, radiant heating, and Samsung VRF

Hi,

I am building a new home and am planning on using Control4. I have a few questions about what to buy and what is possible. I would like to integrate the radiant heating and A/C into the Control4 system as seamlessly as possible.

1) I have PEX tubing in place for radiant heating. Currently, I do not have anything else installed as far as actuators or a pre assembled panel with all the actuators. I have about 8 zones of tubing laid out currently. Should I buy a pre-assembled panel with the actuators from a company like HydroNex, HPS Controls, or RGP Controls? I have been looking at these types of panels, http://www.pexheat.com/Catalog/Controls

And what kind of controller do I need to purchase? I have read about Tekmar, Heatmiser, Taco, and Uponor, but I do not know to choose between them. I would like it to integrate well with Control4.

2) Is it possible for me to use of the controller mentioned above with the Control4 thermostats? I would have one for each zone I presume.

3) Is it possible to hardwire the Control4 thermostats instead of using them wirelessly?

4) I have installed a Samsung VRF/VRV air conditioning system, which uses LONWorks. There are 8 individual air handling units and two roof mounted units. There is no Coolmaster interface for it, but Samsung does make what appears to be an RS485 to LONWorks adapter. Could this integrate somehow with Control4/Control4 thermostat?

The adapter card is detailed here, http://www.samsungac.co.uk/downloads/MIM%20B07%20LonWorks%20Samsung%20Manual%203.pdf

System so far:

Lutron Homeworks 8 for lighting

Hai Omnipro II for security

Rain8 for Sprinklers

Pentair pool controls

HC-800 for main controller and home theatre

HC-250 w/ remotes (QTY 2) for accessing the 8 IP cameras on TV

IO Expander for additional RS232

Channel Vision IP Camera 6522 (QTY 7) and IP Camera 6521 (Qty 1)

Control4 touchscreens (QTY 3)

I would very much appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Archived