C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access Wireless Motion Sensor Problem!!

Hi guys,

I am a control4 installer, and have been using many Card Access wireless motion sensors for indoor light triggering. I use around 10 to 30 WMS per house. After the WMS had been installed around the house, I would put them in a test phase. I program them to send an email to me whenever it senses motion. This test usually run for more than 8 hours when there is absolutely no one in the house. From the test, I notice that more than 60% of those sensors detect motion randomly and frequently! The frequency is around 1 to 2 times per hour. Also, these WMS nods usually shows a high “Outbound Route Failures” count in the property tab under network tools in C4 Composer.

Things that I had tried to eliminate this problem:

Set Zigbee channel to 15 or 20 which is in between Wifi channel 1, 6, and 11 to make sure there is no interference from any wireless router.

Scan the environment with Wi-Spy to make sure no other wireless interference from cordless phone and etc.

Zigbee routing devices are surrounding all the WMS with a ratio greater than 5:1; 5 being routing devices like c4 dimmers and keypads.

All WMS are no more than 20 feet away from routing nobs.

Reset the WMS and reconnect it to the Zigbee network.

Please let me know if anyone out there have the solution for this.

Thank you very much!!

Archived