C4 Forums | Control4

universal remote?

Two questions....I know that in a 3 way switch application, ie, one light controlled by two switches, one switch must be an on/off or dimmer switch and the other must be a keypad. What about in a 4 way switch set up where 3 switches control one light? One dimmer and 2 keypads? Also, has anybody used this product?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=HDMI+extender+ir&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=920&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13488028072088098555&sa=X&ei=QJvKT83uKPCv6gGS5_Aq&ved=0CKsBEPMCMAg

It looks really simple to use. I plan on having my HC250 across the room from my tv where I have my satellite box. I already have one HDMI in the ceiling for the satellite to get to the tv. This device looks pretty easy. I figure HDMI out from HC250 to one adapter, Cat6 across the room from the adapter to the receiving adapter, HDMI out on the other end. One IR out on the HC250 to the satellite box, and a double ended 2.5 mm out of one IR port on the HC250 to the 2.5mm port on the adapter, and on the other end, the IR bud out of the 2.5mm port to the tv. Can it really be that simple? It looks like this product will send video/audio, and IR over the same Cat6 cable.

I'm looking at my dealer quote to install my system. They are trying to sell me the panamax M4315PRO power conditioner and the panamax MB1500VA surge protector with battery backup. I was reviewing the products, and it looks like the MB1500VA also regulates voltage and offers surge protection. Is there any reason I need both?

Archived